The Top Ten Reasons for Telling the Truth,
the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth
…No Matter What!
Truth comes from the heart and it takes patience and practice to develop the skill of delivering the truth with grace. However, the truth is not useful if it is not constructive. Telling the truth from a place of love gives you the ability to be unconditionally constructive and honorable.
It is essential to be truthful to ourselves. When you set the standard to always tell the truth you easily gain the trusts of others and yourself. The stronger your personal foundation the easier it will be to tell the truth. It is very important to make sure that it is safe for you to tell the truth.
Here are some tips on why you would want to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth no matter what!
- Being true to yourself and true to those around you will make your life a whole lot easier.
- The sooner you tell the truth the easier it is.
- The longer we hold back the truth, the harder it is on others and ourselves.
- When we tell the truth our relationships grow stronger and richer. When we hold back the truth our relationships suffer including our relationship with ourselves.
- Telling the truth creates freedom and lightness. Holding back the truth creates excess baggage. The more we hold back the more baggage we have.
- When we tell the truth we are blessed with intimacy. When we hold back the truth we feel alone and separated.
- Telling the truth increases our ability to be happy. Withholding the truth can cause numbness, apathy, anger and sadness.
- When we tell the truth we become trustworthy. When we hold back the truth people don’t trust us. All relationships are built on trust.
- When you tell the truth it becomes easier to reach your goals. When you withhold the truth reaching your goals is a lot harder.
- When you tell the truth you attract people who also tell the truth. When you hold back the truth you attract needy people that drain you.